Here are our 20 favourite quotes in the world of online marketing. Some guys know exactly what to say at exactly the right time and these are the best of the best by the best plus a few from our own guys. All of these sum up the ethos of oneweb and how we strive to offer up relevant and high-quality advice to our clients.
- There are no magic wands, no hidden tricks, no shortcuts and no secret handshakes that will bring you immediate online success, but with time, energy and determination you can get there. Dave, oneweb. 2008
- You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it done, they’ll want something new. Steve Jobs, Apple
- In today’s information age of Marketing and Web 2.0, a company’s website is the key to their entire business. Marcus Sheridan, The Sales Lion
- What makes content engaging is relevancy. You need to connect the contact information with the content information.
- Think about what a user is going to type! Matt Cutts, Google
- If you have more money than brains, you should focus on outbound marketing. If you have more brains than money, you should focus on inbound marketing. Guy Kawasaki, Apple
- Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. Benjamin Franklin
- Search, a marketing method that didn’t exist a decade ago, provides the most efﬁcient and inexpensive way for businesses to ﬁnd leads.
- Word-of-mouth marketing has always been important. Today, it’s more important than ever because of the power of the Internet.
- Corporations must answer questions about why they should be in the blogosphere. Small businesses need to answer questions about why they shouldn’t.
- No matter your sector, chances are that people are already twittering about your products, your brand, your company or at least your industry
- Smartphones are reinventing the connection between companies and their customers. Rich Miner, Android
- Think like a customer. Paul Gillin
- Online marketing isn’t magic, it’s science. Dave, oneweb
- Holding back technology to preserve broken business models is like allowing blacksmiths to veto the internal combustion engine in order to protect their horseshoes. Wikinomics
- Traditonal methods of sales prospecting are grossly inefficient. Spending £5,000 on useful web development can easily cut £100,000 from your traditional sales budget. Dave, oneweb @ Google’s Marketing Conference 2011
- Authenticity, honesty, and personal voice underlie much of what’s successful on the Web. Rick Levine
- In this age of blogging and two-second sound bites, almost no one has the attention span, or time, to read more than a few sentences. Tim Frick
- When you break down all the ﬂuff, there are two ways to promote and market your business: dumber, slower, and expensive — or smarter, faster, and cheaper.
- There is no black magic to successfully attracting customers via the Web. It’s all about hard work. Rand Fishkin
We are delighted to announce the launch of the all-new Enterprising Developments Ltd website. EDL are a firm of property developers based in Nottinghamshire and London. They specialise in period property renovation and new build developments. Their website needed to be image intensive to highlight renovations as before and after picture sets, for this we have utilised thumbnails and lightboxes to keep the server load down. It has worked very well and all at oneweb.co are delighted with the results. The site features an image slider running throughout, 3 PHP forms for capturing data of potential clients, several image galleries, a news blog section and my personal favourite, a 3 minute movie highlighting some of their favourite works. The site is fully scalable to add development projects as they come on stream with little touches like movies flowing and panning through rooms to give the viewer a feeling of actually being there. Thanks to EDL and good luck with the new project at Gloucester Place, London. We look forward to seeing the results. The site is available at edl-uk.com
All the team at oneweb.co
oneweb.co are delighted to announce that one of our designs has won an award!
We have been presented with first place in Horsefeathers Clothing renowned graphic design competition “Logo-IT”. The brief was to design an innovative new way of representing the company’s logo. Combining advanced photo-manipulation techniques with nature’s beauty, the oneweb design overcame some extremely stiff competition to take the top prize!
Click the thumbnail on the right to view our winning design.